Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yard Art?



Another favorite piece of art is a sculpture by artist Otto Rigan. It is made from green granite and glass. The cut-outs from the original large granite piece contain thick slabs of glass stacked together and look like windows.

The edges of the glass mirror the color of the granite. As the sun sets, the left side facing West glows brightly against the darker sides backed by the granite.

As you look at the back you can see the front window in my house and notice that this sculpture, quite by accident, resembles the angles and mullions of the window.

What I love most about this second image is the figure in the background looking out of the window!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all your pieces that I have seen, this is my favorite. (The pups a favorite, too!)

nan16 said...

Thanks, Priss, she's my real prize! She always keeps an eye on me. LOL!