Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More politics

It's getting closer to March 4th and I am still considering my choice of candicate. The closer it gets to voting time the more nasty the discussions become. I expect that there will be more to come. It's interesting to read what the candidates say to each other during debates and what great charisma Obama has. But unfortunately he doesn't have the experience.

I have not heard how he stands on illegal immigration and what he intends to do about the immense costs these illegals cost American citizens. I am disturbed about both Hillary and Obama voting NOT to make English our national language.

McCain is sounding better and better even if his stand on Iraq mirrors Bushes. I don't think we can leave these people after we started this unending war without trying to keep out the insurgents but I would like to have our boys returned home as soon as possible. Irregardless about what is done, some country in the Middle East will take advantage of Iraq's weakened state and try to take over the country if we leave. The Middle East just doesn't have a democratic state of mind in my opinion.

I would also like to hear what will be done about national health care without the pharma lobbyists putting their two cents (or in their case million of dollars) in. Even for the people who can afford individual healthcare, the costs are amazing.

Fighting crime is another issue I haven't heard anyone mention. In Texas, the crime rate is rising and no one is safe.

I grew up in a time when we could leave our doors unlocked without worrying about someone burlarizing our house, when the children could play outside unminded and just come home at a certain time. I walked to school for 12 years and never worried about being picked up by someone. A generation late when my children were growing up they were free to wander the neighborhood with other children, playing at each other's houses, building forts in the woods and riding their bicycles down the street without supervision.

Will those times ever come back?

I wish I could believe what each of these candidates are promising. Even in the Clinton years (Bill and Hillary instead of Hillary and Bill) we were promised healthcare for everyone and that collapsed.

Anyway we vote we are taking a chance that the person we vote for will do the right thing.

No comments: