Monday, February 18, 2008

Political campaigns

TV commericals have sprouted up on Texas stations recently in preparation for the March 4th Texas primaries. McCain has his spot so we haven't seen him at all.

It's interesting to watch Hillary and Obama's TV spots. I've noticed that Obama speaks directly to the camera as if he's looking straight into the viewers eyes. He is extremely believable and one feels he has singled you out to hear his words.

Hillary's commercial is quite different. She is speaking into a microphone as if she were speaking to a crowd of people and never looks directly into the camera. This gives me the impression she can't talk and look into your eyes at the same time. That approach makes me believe she is lying because she can't look directly into your face.

I heard tonight that she is in Milwaukee while Obama knows he has to get the Texas vote out and is speaking here. Bill is campaigning here. I think Hillary made a mistake in having Bill campaign for her, he is not well liked in Texas and seems to lose his temper a bit when questioned.

I do intend to vote on March 4th and I'll vote for the person who speaks to me (Obama). His commercial seems so much more sincere that Hillary's.

March 4th will be exciting. I think more people than ever before will be out voting this year. We definitely need a change and I think Obama can bring that about but Texas is traditionally a Republican state.

I've got my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading this over, boy was I wrong!