Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Flowers

Flowers are one of the bright things in our lives. Photography is one of my hobbies and I can't resist taking pictures of all flowers especially those closeups we all love. I found these pictures on my computer and remember the place and time and occasion when I had all these flowers scattered around.



This is a moonflower, it only blooms at night. My daughter Chris has a huge plant in her yard and when I was visiting I took this picture.



I got these Cymbidium orchids for a retirement party that I gave for the President of the company I work for. The party was at my house, my first party for a large group.



This green Phaleonopsis was gorgeous and exactly matched the towels in my guest bathroom! That may not be politically correct to have flowers in the bathroom but that room just looked so sophisticated with these orchids in it, before the party I just went upstairs to look at it a dozen times.


This flower grew from a bulb on my back deck and I can't remember what it's called. Can anyone identify it? The wonderful coral color was a joy to look at until our hot Texas summer got to it.


These weird looking flowers are called "Kangeroo Toes" and are a really colorful shade of orange.


They lasted all summer and really made a statement against the white stucco wall on the walkway that leads to my back door.

One of these days I'll take some really good pictures of my flowers and post them here. My photography attempts can only get better with practice I hope.











2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

These are beautiful, and I think flowers in the bathroom are a great idea!

nan16 said...

Thanks, really so did I at the time. Now that bathroom is filled with my grand daughter's makeup!