Saturday, June 24, 2006

Bloggers Blogging Blogs

If you are fairly experienced at blogs you probably don't do this, but as a new blogger I find myself sitting for hours and hours chasing links and reading and reading about other people's lives. Is that because mine is so uninteresting or is it because these things are like scavenger hunts, clues to track down in order to find the prize? The prize being, I guess, the most interesting absorbing blog that I can attach to my blog as a link for others to read. I found beautiful photos, a blog about female fantasies (that was informative), pictures of babies and children and even pictures of cats that look like Hitler!

I don't know what the actual count is but there must be millions of blogs out there and since most had comments attached, someone to read them.

This pastime could take up weeks of my time, months even. It could even replace food in my life which would be a blessing in disguise but the one thing it couldn't replace is books. I still prefer books with long, long stories instead of short stories.

I can even lie down and read my books without having to tilt my head back to look at them through my bifocal lenses.

1 comment:

Linda@VS said...

I think you hit the nail on the head with the scavenger hunt aspect of reading blogs--that, plus a tablespoon of voyeurism. I got hooked about 16 months ago and still have to have a daily dose of other people's blogs. There's just something sooo intriguing about thinking that the next link I click on might take me to the best blog ever. But I also agree strongly with your feelings about books.