Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Shooby Dooby Doo

I'm listening to some of the greatest music. Do you remember Jim Croce? Back in the 70's he was very very popular with songs like "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" and "Time in a Bottle". About two months ago I bought a CD entitled "Jim Croce His Greatest Hits". My favorite song on the album is "These Dreams".

There was a nightclub here in Fort Worth in the 70's and the women all dressed up in long gowns and high heels to go out dancing on Saturday nights. This was a real classy place, not the cowtown ballroom type thing. I can still remember being out on that dance floor with my husband dancing to "You Don't Mess Around with Jim" by Jim Croce, "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash and "Baby, Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me" by Mac Davis.

That nightclub is now closed of course, and has been turned into offices. The building still looks the same though, out by the river off of University Drive in Fort Worth. I miss that atmosphere, the live band so close to the dance floor and eating dinner while watching others dance, the women glittering in long gowns and the men handsome in their dark suits and ties.

1 comment:

Linda@VS said...

Wow, you mentioned some good ones. I loved Jim Croce's songs, but Mac Davis? I loved HIM! Frankly, in those days, I couldn't imagine NOT getting hooked on him.