Saturday, June 17, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

I have been thinking about a decision I have to make about whether to go back to work at the office fulltime. The pros and cons have been floating around in my head since yesterday. I miss the companionship and camaraderie of the people I work with but I don't miss getting up early, putting on makeup and business clothes and driving for 45 long minutes in heavy traffic to get there. My return would give me an outlet for some of my creativity in certain areas but rapidly decrease that same creativity in other areas such as the jewelry making I enjoy, working with metal and other artistic endeavors that I've been waiting for 32 years to learn. I've worked at the same job for 32 years. There are some exciting things happening at work that I would like to participate in but just the thought of giving up my hobbies depresses me.

I'm happy that I am able to make this decision, not everyone has the choice, but I don't want to regret the choice I make (the grass is always greener, right?). I think I need to think about this some more.

No comments: